BACKGROUND





Thursday, July 7, 2011

Do you believe.....

Not going to do my normal weekly post. I missed the 14th week because on Monday, June 27th my husband received the most unexpected call. His brother advised that their sweet sister, Jennifer, had passed away. She had been struggling for some time and her "big" heart just couldnt take it anymore. Of course, the Dr would not allow me to fly so we packed up the clothes and hit the road on a 16 hr car trip to Illinois. It was a long and difficult trip. My sister-in-law was the sweetest, kindest, and most innocent person I had ever met. She was so excited that she was going to have two nieces or nephews and we were so excited that they were going to have her as an aunt. It was a very hard week. We got through it but the pain is still not gone. There is now a void in our life without hearing her laugh or seeing her sweet smile. Not to mention her bigger then life hugs she would give you like she hasnt seen you in years. Jenny was always the first one at the hospital anytime someone she loved had a baby and she had to have a picture taken holding the new bundle of joy. We will never have that picture and it hurts. We know though she is now our children's guardian angel and we couldnt have asked for a better one. We know she was greated into heaven by our angel baby. Jenny, you will be missed and we love you very much.

To the title of my post, do you believe that when one person leaves another enters? My father-in-law was diagnosed with Esophagus cancer in December and he is not doing very well. My husband is convinced he is having twins because he is going to loose his dad and sister in the same year. At first, I didnt understand what he meant by this. I had always heard the saying but I never thought about it. After Jenny passed, I really thought about why after 5 years, we did get pregnant this year and why with twins. Why in one year is my husband and I are going to loose two very important people to us. I know God has sympathy and this may be his way of helping Jason and his family cope with the loss.

I pray and ask for prayers that my father-in-law will make it to hold his grandchildren. I know its not our decision but I want my husband to experience watching his proud Dad holding his children. Please keep our family in your prayers!

6 comments:

Kim said...

I have heard that before as well and see it happen often. Its hard to understand but I like your idea that God comforts us with the new lives after losing those we love.

I am very sorry for your loss, I couldn't imagine what it feels like. I pray for God to comfort and protect your hearts during your time of grief. xoxoxox

Arnden said...

I just want to send my sympathy. I too am pregnant with twins and my mother just died unexpectedly last week. I wish I had the same hope/belief that you do, but I am scared to death one of my babies will look like my mom and remind me of how much I miss her everyday.
Take time to be sad and comfort one another! Sadness and grief will come in bursts in the next few months and I hope your babies can bring you some comfort.

Kelli said...

I am so sorry to hear about such a loss. I am thinking of you and your family. And to answer your question, I would have to say yes...my mom attended her Grandmother's funeral just a day or two after my sister arrived from Korea. It was even mentioned at the funeral how we arrived at the same time of a family loss. xoxo

Baby Hopes said...

Thinking of you and your dear husband...

Miss Mac said...

So sorry to hear about your loss. I know your babies will bring much joy into the lives of your family.

Rose said...

Thinking about and praying for ALL of you. Surely the grief and heaviness of heart is overwhelming at times, I am sure. But just as sure, is the happiness and joy that your little ones bring and will continue to bring. God can and will bring you much comfort. I thought of Jennie the other day and the picture flashed in my mind as sure as if I had taken it with my camera....she was sitting in a rocking chair, holding Baby Angel and grinning from ear to ear. :-)