BACKGROUND





Monday, February 9, 2009

Just some recent information...

Sorry havent posted in a week or so. Its has been busy. My middle sister flew in on Wed to see my Grandma since she hasnt since Christmas. The last weekend Jason and I was there, Grandma was sleeping more but she was still going from her bed to her chair and even to the dinner table to eat. Since I didnt get off til 8:30 PM that night and Alisha had a long day of flying, we had chosen not to go up until Thursday morning. As we were sitting around playing rock band we got a scary call. My mom upset stating that Grandma was having a hard time breathing and she wanted us to go now. Luckily Jason and I have been living out of our suitcases, we grabbed what ever we had and packed the car and left within 10 minutes of the phone call. The whole way there I was crying because I just knew it would be my fault that my sister didnt get to say goodbye to Grandma. When we got there she was sound to sleep and come to find out she just had an anxiety attack which made it hard for her to breath. They got her calm down and she slept well.

The next morning, I noticed all the changes since the last time I was there which was less then 4 days ago. She now was short of breath just getting on a potty chair beside her bed, her appetite was little if any, and she was in a hospital bed. She had went from a Grandma that was up and moving to Grandma that would get out of breath just speaking with you and couldnt get out of bed. She is only awake in interverls but everytime she opened her eyes, we didnt want to miss anything and would have a "party" in her room. It was great to be able to spend time with my Aunts and my cousins who came down later that week. Alisha and I had a great time just holding her hand and feeding her ice chips when needed. I will say, it is a blessing to be able to know someone is going to be leaving you and being able to spend as much time with them as possible but I wouldnt wish this on anyone. Wathcing someone you love so much, slowly progress to what she calls her Graduation. We know we cant heal her but my only prayer is that she is not in any pain. She doesnt seem to be other then the dry mouth and not being able to breath very well. My mom and dad are coming in on Wed and I believe that is what my Grandma is holding on for. To say Goodbye to my dad.

Please continue to keep my Grandma in your prayers that she stays pain free and our family in your prayers as we all will have to deal with a hard loss.

As for the fertility, I did two IUI's on the 2nd and 3rd. We are scheduled for a blood test on the 18th to know if we will be blessed this month or not. They said that since I am not responding very well to the current fertility medicine, they may change our combination next month if this month is not a sucess. I really would like to tell my Grandma before she goes but I know that its not my time, its his time!

No comments: