BACKGROUND





Monday, May 11, 2009

A decision has been made....

Sorry its been a while since I last updated. Mainly because Jason and I had a decision to make and it was extremely hard to decide. The last post I made was regarding the surgery we discussed at our reevaluation. After further reviews of the chart, my RE said he believed that surgery would not help (it would be for my benefit, exploratory) but IVF will be our best option. I am not going to go on and on about all the benefits and downfalls but I will say that it is a MUCH higher percentage to do IVF (in-vitro fertilization). For those that don't know, it is a very expensive process that insurance doesn't pay a dime on. It can cost between $12k-$15k. Luckily for us we have an awesome RE and we were able to get a great price on it. So, just wanted to update everyone and let you know we have switched roles and will no longer be doing the same cycles we have been doing. The next month or so you will start to hear about our IVF cycle. Hopefully this will be it!!!! After some research on how to increase your chance with IVF, we learned of an acupuncture technique so in addition I will be undergoing acupuncture. Not sure about this because I have never done it but once we get back from IL we are meeting with her to discuss the options. The same day treatment (they do it before placing the embryo back) and then afterwards, that treatment along has proven to increase chances by around 14%. We shoulde be receiving our calender in the mail very soon. Hopefully we will get a orientation like we did with the IUI to explain the process because I am not sure what all it invovles.

Please continue to pray for Jason and I. For our emotion and physical well being as well, for those that have never gone through this process it is a roller coaster of emotions. One day you may be up (all the test are great) and then next day something went wrong. Just please continue to keep us in your thoughts and prayers.

Love yall and for those readers in IL we will see you very very soon!

No comments: