BACKGROUND





Monday, September 26, 2011

Eventful transition to 3rd Trimester

Well, I will do the Dr update first.  Wed, 9/ 21st I started feeling very uncomfortable at work. Shortning of breath and few back to back contractions.  I called my Dr and he said to come in labor and delivery right away. I was scared to death. Didnt know what to think after the apt I had on Monday.  My husband had been home sick, I tried to call him the whole way to the hospital and couldnt reach him.  Finally, a friend of ours was able to wake him up (yes, he will sleep through anything) and he was on his way.  They put the monitor on the babies, both heart beats were strong and steady.  They did the FFN and it was negative. They did find out I had a UTI, gave me medicine and sent me home with rest.

Went to high risk appointment this morning to see if any change from last Monday and my cervix has continued funneling (opening) and now cervix has shortened.  They monitored for 30 minutes to see if I was contracting, luckily I was not. They sent me home with strict bedrest until Thursday. I go back on Thursday and hopefully no change in cervix or if there is change its due to my cervix getting longer again.  Only time will tell. For now, it looks like allot of laying down and soreness (from laying down) is here. Hopefully, this is temp.  I cant imagine having bedrest from here on out but its about the babies and what they need at this point.

How Far Along: 27 weeks and 2 days 

Size of Baby: both weighing over 2 pounds a piece

Picture:  not one this week

Weight Gain: have not weighed yet this week, OB apt on Thursday 

Sleep: still not getting much, the twins like to play soccer at about 1:00 AM for hours

Milestones: 3rd trimester

Movement: twins are making their

Symptoms: swelling of the hands, back aches, braxton hicks, and lots of pressure

Food Cravings: milk

What I'm Looking Forward to: feeling comfortable again

4 comments:

Jos said...

YIKES! I hope those babies decide to stay in and cook for a couple more months darnit. I'll be thinking of you!

marilyn said...

oh wow!!! Looks like it should be okay though. No moving! Well for you that is. You babies..are having fun moving around. I love the last belly shot! You look pregnant!
Thanks for your comment on my last post.

michelle said...

Yikes! That's scary! Keep hanging in there and go make yourself a milk mustache!

Mrs. H said...

Hope they stay put and you meet that 3rd trimester milestone. Keeping you in my thoughts.