BACKGROUND





Friday, January 9, 2009

Update on Grandma....


Unfortunately we received the worst news this morning. Grandma went to the Dr. this morning to get her test results and turns out that the cancer is all over. There is nothing they can do at this point but provide her with comfort. Hospice is suppose to be coming over today to start her on morphine to help with her pain level. The last few days have been a battle between keeping her pain level down with pain medicine which makes her sick on her stomach or having her blood pressure through the roof because of the pain. PLEASE continue to keep our family in your prayers....

Grandma is a very special and wonderful person. There are not many people that are put on this earth that have a way to make you feel so at peace with anything you are battling in your life at that point. It will be the hardest thing I have ever done to let her go but I know when she does, I will see her again and my Grandpa. Two of the most influential people in my life.

Jason and I are heading to Brunswick tonight when he gets off and we will be spending the weekend.

Last Jan around this time I was in the hospital beside Kylie's bed praying for her, luckily prayers were answered getting to keep her around longer but he had other plans for her legs. Now, this Jan, I have to be strong again for Grandma. Last year and this year puts in perspective just how easy and how quickly someone you love can be taken away.

Make sure you tell your love ones or show them everyday just how much you love them because you never know if that will be the last. Cherish EVERY MOMENT is what I have learned from both New Years. Jason and I love all you very much and even though we don't get to see you that often we just want you to know that.

No comments: