BACKGROUND





Wednesday, May 11, 2011

bleeding....

I am so freakin out right now thinking not again. We had our ultrasound yesterday. Saw both babies heartbeats at 130 and they were measuring to the day. Everything looked great. Latter that night, I went to put my progesterone in and I had blood in my panties. Red! Sure enough I wiped and it was red. Called the nurse on duty and she said its normal and call in the morning if I am still bleeding. About 3:00 AM got up to go to the bathroom and wiped kinda pinkish blood but I had a liner on and nothing in the liner. Then this morning is now a brownish blood.....

I am going to call and make them give me an ultrasound or something. My next u/s is next Wed but I dont want to wait that long to find out if something happened to one or both. Last time I had to have a D&C, so I am not sure what too look for in a miscarriage.....

Please pray for me and my babies!


UPDATE....

Called the nurse this morning and told her it was now a brownish blood. She said that sounds like its tapering off. She said its normal after a pelvic exam to sometimes have some blood. She asked what I did afterwards, I said I went shopping. She is not worried because I dont have any cramping and its no longer red. She told me to monitor the blood but she didnt think I need to come in for an ultrasound, everything should be good still...

WHAT, that doesnt help. That is a should be? why cant I just come in and see....

anyone ever have anything like this?

3 comments:

Baby Hopes said...

My sisters both bleed with pregnancies, and neither had fertility treatments. I've heard that bleeding with IVF is very common, and certainly after pelvic exams. That it's tapering off to brown is a very good sign. Whenever this happened to my sisters, they stayed off their feet as much as possible and did things that relaxed them/took their mind off it. Try to rest and pamper yourself. Your little ones are strong, and you're doing everything you can. Thinking of and praying for you...

Andrea said...

One of my best friends bled for most of her pg w/her twins. They're now 2 years old. She did have some modified bed rest at times, so just try to take it easy and not over do it. I'm sure all is well with your LO's :)

Just Us & A Miracle Baby too! said...

Sorry you had to deal with such a scare :( I know it didn't ease your mind any talking to the nurse but I have read spotting is very normal for twin pregnancies, and especially after ultrasounds because it can irritate the cervix. Either way, I know it's still scary. Hang in till next week! Lots of prayers for two healthy growing babies!